Thursday, May 27, 2010

Confessions of a Crackberry Addict

I am ashamed to admit that I have become one of those people I never thought I would be, a Crackberry Addict. I don't know when it happened exactly, but I now cling to that silly phone like it is my personal life preserver, and if I let it go I might sink into the depths of obscurity- or more realistically for the briefest moment become disconnected from the world. Oh shudder at the thought!
How did I ever survive with a regular old cell phone? Now, every time I see that little red light blinking, I rush to my phone, heart rushing that I might be a minute late in reading my newest email or responding to a text. Pathetic I know.
At night now, while we are watching tv and winding down for the evening, Justin and I both spend half of our time fiddling with our phones, checking the internet, reading and returning emails, following Facebook activity.
What has happened to me? Why do I all of a sudden feel the need to be so connected all the time? Oh that I may find the strength to ignore that satanic red light for just a few moments each day...................
I will boldly state it here, next phone I get, I am going back to a basic one, in hopes that I might encourage myself to get some me time back!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment