Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Amazing Ainsley

I don't want to look like a bad mother and not mention my daughter in a post! I am sure if I can keep this up she will be the star of many of these.
Too keep it quick as it is nearing my witching hour....................I love my baby girl. I had been told many times while pregnant that motherhood would change my life, and it is most certainly true. I fell in love the day she was born, and she never ceases to amaze, entertain, and enthrall me.

Today she mastered sitting up...............where oh where has my newborn gone? It is as if she just disappeared one night and a BABY replaced her. I actually broke down and almost cried the other day when she went to bed on just four feedings rather than her normal five, she doesn't need me as much anymore and it is slowly breaking my heart! How in the world am I going to manage when she is a teenager???? Don't tell her, but for the first few weeks of her sleeping 12 hours at night, I actually missed her and my 3am facebook surfing.

This weekend she was baptized- and I couldn't help but feel goosebumps standing up on the altar with my baby girl having her welcomed into the Catholic Community by the entire church. I hope she will find in her faith some answers and comfort throughout her life.

My wish for her is that she always knows how truly she is loved, and that her Dad and I will always be there for her. She is blessed with an amazing extended family- from first cousins, second cousins, aunts, uncles, great aunts, great uncles, grandparents, and great grandparents- she is a VERY loved and treasured child and I hope we succeed in letting her know that every day.

To finish up---- Ainsley, to quote your book we have read many times at night- "when you are sad, I will hold you, I will let you cry. When you are sick, I will sit by your bed quietly watching in case you should want something...when you are lonely I will show up at your doorstep with my heart in a basket. I will whisper 'I love you' until your loneliness grows wings and flies off...when you are afraid I will take your hand and not let go except to borrow stars to spell out the words 'you are safe', they will shine above you forever, even in the darkest dark. When you are grumpy I will make you giggle. When you are lost I will search for you...and when you are happy, OH when you are happy."

This book makes me cry every time I read it for her, "When You Are Happy" by Eileen Spinelli, but I cannot find a truer expression of the love I feel for this child (or the love of any parent for their child). I will go to the ends of the world for her, and may I prove that to her on a daily basis.

1 comment: