Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Old Couple

My apologies- it's been awhile, but it has been a wildly crazy few weeks.

Just got back from Fourth of July in Charleston with the Neals and Judys--- and like always we had an absolute blast. Ainsley was showered with attention- and they didn't even mind when she discovered and quickly adapted her new trick of SHRIEKING in delight. This only lasted the entire 5 hour car ride home- Chris and Heather, you are saints for putting up with it!

But while we were in Charleston I also came to the realization that Justin and I are officially the "Old Couple." I am sure Heather and Ashley were shocked the first night when after putting Ainsley to bed at 7:30pm, I emerged in my pajamas for the night. Oops- did anyone expect to have wild late night plans because I just squashed them!

I honestly cannot even remember the last time Justin and I stayed out at a bar until 2am, scratch that, the last time we went out to a bar! And I'm not complaining! I love finally embracing my little homebody innerself and lounging on the couch most nights. Of course, we should make an effort to have some late night activities every now and then if we can secure a babysitter, but I really don't miss it at all. One night in Charleston I indulged myself with 3 glasses of wine- and boy did I pay the price the next morning!!!! Whoa, hello hangover, long time no see.

Justin remarked the other night that I was being an extreme night owl- staying up until 11pm. I am surprised my carriage didn't turn into a pumpkin. I guess this "oldness" comes with the baby territory, which is fine. We just have to purchase ourselves some snuggies, fixadent, and get one of those nifty chair lifts for our staircase and then Justin and I will be all set for the next 50 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment